Wanting to get the most of my upcoming move to Italy, a few weeks before my departure, I wrote the following list of rules for myself. These rules are a reminder for me to stay true to myself and the values I live by.
- Stay Fearless: This is so important to me as I progress through my career and my life. I believe staying fearless enables me to do the “unbelievable” and have confidence while doing it. When I remove my fear of the unknown, failure, rejection etc. I start to believe in more positive results.
- Be Kind: It’s as simple as treat people the way you want to be treated.
- Work Smarter, Not Harder: Of course, it’s important that I work efficiently and productively but I don’t necessarily have to expend any additional effort. It’s important that I multitask, create and stick to an effective routine, finish high priority items first, and recognize and eliminate distractions.
- Have Fun: Life is short and spending too much time being anything other than happy is not me. I like to think of myself as a fun and playful person so having fun is inevitable. Occasionally, I have to remind myself to enjoy the moment and have fun instead of worrying and over stressing.
- Build Meaningful Relationships: While I am here meeting new people I want to not only build relationships but also maintain those relationships. It is also important for me to continue growing and building existing relationships with friends and family back home.
- Travel Often: “Life is a book and those who don’t travel only read one page.” While in Italy, it’s important to me that I take advantage of my close proximity to other cities, countries and cultures. I believe through travel I can identify the beauties and the beasts of the world unfamiliar. It’s an adventure with a panorama view of colors, an assortment of possibilities and opportunities, and just good ole happiness.
- Fall in Love with Many Things: As it plainly states I hope to fall in love with many things (cities, cultures, movies, art, people) and keep an open mind.
- Be Yourself: My own personal golden rule: no matter what you choose to do in life, always stay true to who you are.
Do you have any “rules” of life? If, so please share below.