Chicken & Spinach Alfredo Lasagna
Yesterday evening was my great aunts birthday and to celebrate her we surprised her with dinner. When deciding what I wanted to make for my family I immediately narrowed my options down to pasta. My family loves pasta and any and all pasta dishes are always a hit. Since I haven’t had an alfredo sauce based pasta or lasagna for a while, I decided to make this chicken and spinach alfredo lasagna. It was a lot similar than I imagined and was “surprisingly delicious” as my younger cousin described it. I’m not quite sure if it was because he typically hates alfredo pasta or he was simply just surprised at the fact that I conquered my first meal. Literally, it was the first real and non-frozen dish I made solo! #nailedit
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (710 ml) heavy cream
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup (80 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (55 g) butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 roasted chicken, shredded
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup (230 g) ricotta cheese
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed
- 3 cups (340 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
Prep & Bake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and rinse with cold water. (I used oven ready noodles and skipped this step)
- In a saucepan over low heat, mix together heavy cream, cream of mushroom soup, Parmesan cheese, and butter. Simmer, stirring frequently, until well blended. Season with desired seasoning (I used Italian seasoning, seasoning salt, pepper, and fresh minced garlic ).
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion in olive oil until tender, then add garlic and mushrooms. Mix in the chicken, and cook until heated through. Season with desired seasoning (I used Italian seasoning, seasoning salt, and pepper ).
- Lightly coat the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish with enough of the cream sauce mixture to coat. Layer with 1/3 of the lasagna noodles, 1/2 cup ricotta, 1/2 of the spinach, 1/2 the chicken mixture, and 1 cup mozzarella. Top with 1/3 the cream sauce mixture, and repeat the layers. Place the remaining noodles on top, and spread with remaining sauce.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until brown and bubbly. Top with the remaining mozzarella, and continue baking until cheese is melted and lightly browned.